Thursday, November 26, 2009

Passion Party #113 - Thanksgiving

There are so many reasons to give thanks
and we spend so little time doing it.
I love this holiday
a totally American creation
and not just for the food and the extra-long weekend
(what a concept - make the holiday on a Thursday so everyone gets a guaranteed 4-day weekend!)

I love it for its timeliness,
coming right after the last harvest and before the cold winter and its short days.
I love that it is not related to war
I love that it is not related to religion
I love that it is not related to ideology
I love that it is (if we choose to use it)
a time of reflection.

5 Basic Things I am Thankful For:
- I am thankful for having a great job
- I am thankful for my home, and its amazing location in Southern California
- I am thankful for my health and the health of those around me
- I am thankful for my family: my loving wife and inspiring children
- I am thankful for Passion in my life.

Please let me know, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment