Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Passion Party #301 - A Gift of Health

There are many things in my life that I put up with, but when it comes to my health, I can't compromise any more.

After countless years of "tolerating" my current gym, I took a leap and joined a new sports facility. My old gym was fine - the equipment was up-to-date, but the place always felt kind of dirty and the locker room area was barely serviceable. At any given time there were always 2-3 showers out of service, etc.
The new club I joined is a major step up (in quality as well as price). It is more like a four-star hotel spa, without the hotel. Valet parking. Full-service restaurant for breakfast, lunch or business meetings. Salt water lap pool and basketball court. The men's locker room has a huge steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.

My new commitment: 3 times a week to the gym. It is a gift to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment