Thursday, December 31, 2009

Passion Party #130 - Resolutions Vs. Accomplishments

It is that horrible time of the year
when we feel duty bound to make resolutions,
to promise to do things differently or make things better.
This primal desire must stem from starting a season where the days begin to get lighter and longer, and we start to see a rebirth in nature, if only very faint in these first days of January.
Statistics show that only 19% of all resolutions are kept for a full two years, a lousy average, like batting .190 in baseball.
So this year I have vowed to make no resolutions
(is that my resolution?)
Instead, I am going to take the next 4 days to review last year and list the 10 most important accomplishments I achieved in 2009.

Reflecting on my success, rather than staring at the blank page of the future - A page I can only guess as to how it will be filled.
Once I see what I have done, I will have a better idea of what to expect to achieve in the next year.
And those choices will be colored by the happiness of seeing how far I have already traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment