Sunday, June 14, 2009

Passion Party #2 - Restart My Heart

Restart My Heart

My battery died yesterday.
No, really.
Went down to the parking garage and the car would not start. Had to call AAA. It took about 20 minutes for the man to show up and I ended picking my son Evan up late from school.

The car is less than three years old - this should not be happening. I felt annoyed and inconvenienced.

I have been paying my AAA membership dutifully for many years. I am happy to call them again today to help me. I am so thrilled that I just have to call this 800 number, and someone will ride to the rescue and get my battery started.

But who will I call to restart my heart?
My heart yearns for joy and passion. but it often feels clogged with the day-to-day demands of life.

Sometimes I have to bring it to the repair shop: it could be the ocean, or a dirt road in the country, or just a "filling station" in my house where I allow my brain, my heart, my body and soul to reconnect and check in with each other.

I wish it were as easy as having a man come with a little energy box, hook up the cables and - BAM - you are off and running again.

Maybe it is. I just have to find the man with that little box full of energy. I have his number here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment