Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Passion Party #153 - Plan Thoroughly

One of my Big Goals this year
is to release a new album -
a combination of new material and original compositions
from my previous jazz releases.

It is a great goal, and quite a challenge.
The goal needs a plan,
motivation and action.

Why am I doing this?
What are my expectations?
What is my budget?
How will it be spent?
What is the release date?
When do I need to have physical product?

And then:
What are the steps I need to take to complete this?
This is the key: the planning
all the way down to the most mundane steps
like buying the postage and mailing envelopes or creating the liner notes and thank yous.

And then:
In what order do these things need to be done?
Who is responsible for each task?
When does each step need to be completed?

The more detailed the plan
the more complete the vision
the more it becomes a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment