Monday, June 15, 2009

Passion Party #3 - What Can I Give You Today?

Diana, my wife, broke her her foot two weeks ago. We like to say she did it kick boxing, but actually she fell getting out of a row in a dark concert hall, tripped and fell down and broke her foot.

So now we are two weeks into the cast and the crutches and the physical therapy. It is a relatively small thing in the world of problems, but it adds a layer of complexity to every day, as I am picking up a lot of the extra jobs around the house that Diana usually handles.

At first it felt like yet another thing to take care of. And then I realized, I do not want to be here caretaker-- I want to be here care GIVER.
When I give care it is easy and open. It is the same with my clients and the people I work with.

I have so much to give.
Giving makes my heart feel light.
Giving makes the other person feel better, and that makes me feel better.
Giving with passion feels best of all.
I can do this today,
Find my passion, and give it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment