Monday, December 21, 2009

Passion Party #126 - Giving Back

It is the season of giving
but more importantly
it is a time to give back.
I am not talking about money
but about time and service,
about taking an hour or a day
to heal part of the world
that you walk in or drive by.

I play many gigs each year, and I spend many more hours in my office "day job"
but my favorite show of the year is when I offer my talent to help raise money to build housing for homeless people in Los Angeles.

Each of us has a talent or ability to help.
The gift of time is the most precious gift of all
for a child, or a sick friend or relative.
It can be big or small
and it truly is the thought that counts.

For a big example of giving back,
read this posting by my friend Derek Sivers
http://sivers.org/trust

No comments:

Post a Comment