Saturday, June 22, 2013

Passion Party #483 - Solving The Maze

At a very young age I became interested in puzzles and mazes.

Making my own designs and mazes was much more fun than trying to solve mazes in a book.  I spent many hours during boring days at middle school, doodling mazes on math graph paper  (as well as in the history text book, which got me into trouble).

My friends and I would trade these mazes, trying to stump each other, making mazes that included bridges, or holes in the paper that would make you fall through to the other side of the page, where the maze would continue.

When I finally moved on to college, I kept one folder filled with these mazes, thinking that someday they might be fun to play with.

Then life happened.

Years passed.

My path in life was not a straight line.

There were turns and twists, places where I fell through the floor and felt like I would not find my way out

Many years where, looking forward, I could not really see the path I was on; I just knew that I was still putting one foot in front of the other.


A recent college reunion found me digging around in the garage, and I came upon the box marked "High School 1969".   I started looking through this old box of photos and writings and, lo and behold, I came upon my "puzzle and maze" folder.

These things were tough and convoluted,
but then I remembered one of the secrets to solving a maze.

The fastest way to solve a maze is to start at the end and follow them backwards to the beginning.

This may be one of the secrets of life, as well as mazes:

If you start at the end, the path reveals itself, and the maze becomes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment