Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Passion Party #347 - Potato-Fest!

Why wait around for the next holiday on the calendar?
Sometimes you just have to create your own.

My wife's comment, "I never met a potato I didn't like"
has grown into Potato-Fest,
a pot-luck dinner celebrating All Things Potato.
Each person brings their favorite potato dish,
and I throw a tri-tip on the barbecue to balance out the meal.
No green vegetables allowed!
It's all about the tubors,
meat and potatoes at their finest.

With our Bonzai Potato Tree for a centerpiece,
we feasted on roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic,
scalloped potatoes, potatoes au gratin,
sweet potato fries and sweet potato gnocchi
(okay, I know we're stretching a little here,
sweet potato is only a distant cousin to the potato, oh well.)

A dozen old friends
enjoying life
celebrating our love of potatoes
why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment