Sunday, January 2, 2011

Passion Party #320 - Business Plan

I used to think that a business plan
consisted of looking at last year,
crunching the numbers,
and then projecting what the next year will be like.

Now I have learned
that the numbers only tell what has happened
and projections are really just guesses.

It is good to see where the business has come from
because then you can ask important questions:
- What are the 10 best things that happened last year?
- What do I like about my job/business
- What do I want my business to look like in a year? In 5 years?
- What do I want more of? Why do I want it? How can I get it?
- What do I want less of? How can I get rid of it?

If I truly believe that I can create what I want
then it is all about the questions,
and taking time to find the answers.

If I ask the right questions
then, really, the numbers will take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment