Friday, July 2, 2010

Passion Party #244 - Make More to Spend More (Money, Part 13)

There are only four choices when it comes to money:
1) make less, spend less
2) make less spend more*
3) make more, spend less
4) make more, spend more
(* #2 doesn't work - believe me, I've tried it...)

When I was young and poor
I thought the answer to happiness was
to have more money.
"If only I had (fill in the material object: a car, a house, a large savings account), then I would be happy".

Now I know that making more money
just creates a new set of problems,
a new higher view where you get to see
more things that are out of your financial grasp.
Sure, the view is nicer from this new plateau.
I do not, at this time, want to move back down the financial ladder.

The real key is to get past the sense of lack,
the feeling that something is missing in my life because I can't drive that Porsche.
But At the same time, I do not want to bust my butt working, and spend so little that I feel like a miser or a
person who is not abundant.

I need to learn that
happiness is an attitude in the moment,
not some future condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment