Friday, May 14, 2010

Passion Party #214 - Not Getting

Not getting is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
Yesterday I found out
that I was not getting to do loans for two clients.
The total loans from these two clients was about $2,000,000.
Weeks ago when I started working with these people I realized that they weren't really my clients.
One was too busy and too important, he wanted "his people" to call "my people", he just wanted it DONE, and he didn't want to know how.
The other was too frantic, with a dying mother, a very complicated estate and a rush to get cash-out from one of her mom's properties.
Even when I knew in my gut that they were not my clients, and when they were not responding to my requests for documentation, I did not know how to extricate myself from the situation. I tried to "fire" them, but they said they wanted my help.

When I found out yesterday that they had chosen to work with other people
I was relived
I was happy.
I knew at that moment that I would have more time to work with the 10 great clients I currently have
and that the universe was creating space for more great people to work with me.
Who knew Not Getting could feel so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment