Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Passion Party #26 - The Grateful List

What is it about starting the day with gratitude? Coming from a place of thankfulness warms my heart. It focuses on what I have, rather than what I want. And I really have enough.
I can complain, and I often do. But it seems that when I laugh, or think that something is "silly" rather than "annoying", it is easier to slip back into being grateful.

I am grateful today that my life is filled with music! I am grateful that I can spend an hour today working on my music, and that my son is in the Mark O'Connor String Institute at UCLA this week. Each night this week we get to go to concerts performed by the various instructors where we get to hear them demonstrate their special styles of music, everything from Americana to Klezmer to Free Improvised classical music.
I am grateful for the roof over my head. I am grateful that I have a friend to meet for lunch today. I am grateful that I have a conservative investment adviser that didn't give my money to Bernie Madoff. I am glad that, at the end of a long work day, I come home to a loving wife and enough food to feed me and my family.
I am grateful that I was born in the USA, a land of opportunity where we have so much we take for granted.
I am grateful for my health
I am grateful for my wealth
I am grateful for the clients who trust me
I am grateful for the chance to earn their trust again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment