Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Passion Party #524 - Commitment

Why am I so scared?
 
Is commitment the first step towards success, or the last step towards certain failure?
You have all these ideas and plans, dreams and hopes
But to commit to one and not the other
to the song list
to the art work
to the project
to the assistant
to the art director
to the engineer...
 
Commitment involves TRUST
You are trusting the other person to follow through as well.
Commitment is rarely a solitary action
If you commit to a large enough goal
you will need the support of others to achieve it.
No man stands alone for long.
 
Last night I started to doubt my judgement
the closer I got to commitment, the more the doubt arose.
The "what if" and "maybe" reared their heads.
Now it is time to sit quietly
listen to that inner voice that brought me this far
to the edge of commitment
listen, look and feel,
and trust the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment